Gold Coast Turf Club – GC RACECOURSE
Racecourse Drive, Surfers Paradise QLD 4217
Monday – Friday: 8:30am – 5:00pm
Saturday: 8.00am – 5.00pm
Public holidays: Closed
Phone 07 5538 1599
PO Box 5070, GCMC QLD 9726
|General Admission||$10 online/$15.00 on the gate.|
|Children Aged 13-17||$7.50.|
|Children Aged 12 and under||FREE|
Going to the races is always a great addition to a trip away, and lucky for you it is so easy to organise! Whether you attend for the racing, fashion or drink the Gold Coast Turf Club is the place to be on Saturdays.
Feature Events at Gold Coast Turf Club
Events include the prestigious Melbourne Cup Raceday, Gold Coast Cup, Gold Coast Stakes/Goldmarket and Pink Ribbon Cup Raceday.
The largest event is the Magic Millions Raceday held in January each year as part of the Magic Millions Carnival & Yearling Sale held over 10 days on the Gold Coast.
Transport to Gold Coast Turf Club
Need bus or coach transport for your group to the Gold Coast Turf Club?
Book a 5, 13, 24, 47, or 57+ Seater bus or coach today!
Click here to book a bus or coach to the Gold Coast Turf Club
Remove the fuss of transport and rely on us to pick you up from your accommodation, deliver you to the venue and back safely!
Travel to Gold Coast Turf Club
Located only 10 minutes drive from Surfers Paradise, the turf club is ideally positioned for an easy day out.
Parking at Gold Coast Turf Club
Free members and non-members parking is available to the public
Buses and Coaches can park in the Bus loading zones, situated inside the members parking area in front of the general entrance.
Enough room for many full-sized coaches on a normal day, very busy and impossible to wait for on-site on event days.
Disability Parking at Gold Coast Turf Club
16 designated accessible car spaces provided in the member’s car park and 10 designated accessible car spaces in the public car park.
• All accessible car spaces are oversized for ease of parking and manoeuvrability.
• Parking spaces have no height limits.
• All designated spaces are clearly marked and contained in a separate area.
• Security and Gate staff monitor the use of the spaces to ensure accessibility use only.
• Clear and level access from the car spaces to the club entry.
• Taxi service or Uber assist service available – accessible vehicles available upon request
• There are ramps to enter the club and access via wheelchairs, walkers and the like is easy
History of Gold Coast Turf Club
Racing on the Gold Coast dates back to the 1890s when an occasional public meeting was run in the old cane paddocks of Bundall, not far from the present Gold Coast Turf Club.
Regular racing at its present headquarters began on 15 May 1946 when the club was known as the Southport and District Amateur Race Club (formed on 17 March 1946). Racing in those days was on a sand track.
In January 1971, the club began conducting races every Saturday. In August of that year, the Club launched the Newmarket-Gold Coast Cup three-day carnival on a quality grass track. Back then the race was sponsored by Carlton and United Breweries and carried prizemoney of just $2,000.
In 1974, the Prime Minister’s Cup was launched, carrying Australia’s richest purse for a provincial race of $30,000 and in 2002, the Prime Minister’s Cup, then sponsored by Conrad Jupiters, became a stand-alone Saturday race meeting.
In 2016 a record crowd of 24,000 people witnessed the running of Australia’s richest race day, the 2016 Magic Millions which included a record prize pool of over $10 million.
Other Gold Coast Transport Services
- Bus Transfers to Go Karting Gold Coast
- Outback Spectacular Bus Transfers
- Gold Coast Turf Club Transport
- Gold Coast Bus Hire
- Bus Transfers
- Party Bus Hire
- Coach Hire and Charter
- Mini Bus Hire Gold Coast
- Private Bus Transfers to Metricon Stadium
- Private Bus Transfers to CBUS Stadium
- Golf Bus Hire
- Byron Bay Bus Tour
- Bus Transport to Top Golf Gold Coast
- Best 5 Gold Coast Bowling Alleys
- Gold Coast Gaming Cafes
- Group Golfing Tours Gold Coast
- Planning a bucks Gold Coast