Gold Coast Turf Club – GC RACECOURSE
Racecourse Drive, Surfers Paradise QLD 4217
Monday – Friday: 8:30am – 5:00pm
Saturday: 8.00am – 5.00pm
Public holidays: Closed
Phone 07 5538 1599
PO Box 5070, GCMC QLD 9726
|General Admission||$10 online/$15.00 on the gate.|
|Children Aged 13-17||$7.50.|
|Children Aged 12 and under||FREE|
Going to the races is always a great addition to a trip away, and lucky for you it is so easy to organise! Whether you attend for the racing, fashion or drink the Gold Coast Turf Club is the place to be on Saturdays.
Feature Events at Gold Coast Turf Club
Events include the prestigious Melbourne Cup Raceday, Gold Coast Cup, Gold Coast Stakes/Goldmarket and Pink Ribbon Cup Raceday.
The largest event is the Magic Millions Raceday held in January each year as part of the Magic Millions Carnival & Yearling Sale held over 10 days on the Gold Coast.
Transport to Gold Coast Turf Club
Need bus or coach transport for your group to the Gold Coast Turf Club?
Book a 5, 13, 24, 47, or 57+ Seater bus or coach today!
Click here to book a bus or coach to the Gold Coast Turf Club
Remove the fuss of transport and rely on us to pick you up from your accommodation, deliver you to the venue and back safely!
Gold Coast Turf Club Map
Travel to Gold Coast Turf Club
Located only 10 minutes drive from Surfers Paradise, the turf club is ideally positioned for an easy day out.
Parking at Gold Coast Turf Club
Free members and non-members parking is available to the public
Buses and Coaches can park in the Bus loading zones, situated inside the members parking area in front of the general entrance.
Enough room for many full-sized coaches on a normal day, very busy and impossible to wait for on-site on event days.
Disability Parking at Gold Coast Turf Club
16 designated accessible car spaces provided in the member’s car park and 10 designated accessible car spaces in the public car park.
• All accessible car spaces are oversized for ease of parking and manoeuvrability.
• Parking spaces have no height limits.
• All designated spaces are clearly marked and contained in a separate area.
• Security and Gate staff monitor the use of the spaces to ensure accessibility use only.
• Clear and level access from the car spaces to the club entry.
• Taxi service or Uber assist service available – accessible vehicles available upon request
• There are ramps to enter the club and access via wheelchairs, walkers and the like is easy
History of Gold Coast Turf Club
Racing on the Gold Coast dates back to the 1890s when an occasional public meeting was run in the old cane paddocks of Bundall, not far from the present Gold Coast Turf Club.
Regular racing at its present headquarters began on 15 May 1946 when the club was known as the Southport and District Amateur Race Club (formed on 17 March 1946). Racing in those days was on a sand track.
In January 1971, the club began conducting races every Saturday. In August of that year, the Club launched the Newmarket-Gold Coast Cup three-day carnival on a quality grass track. Back then the race was sponsored by Carlton and United Breweries and carried prizemoney of just $2,000.
In 1974, the Prime Minister’s Cup was launched, carrying Australia’s richest purse for a provincial race of $30,000 and in 2002, the Prime Minister’s Cup, then sponsored by Conrad Jupiters, became a stand-alone Saturday race meeting.
In 2016 a record crowd of 24,000 people witnessed the running of Australia’s richest race day, the 2016 Magic Millions which included a record prize pool of over $10 million.
Famous Horses that have raced at the Gold Coast Turf Club
The Gold Coast Turf Club has long been known as one of Australia’s premier racing venues, hosting some of the most famous horses in the country. Over the years, many horses have raced at the Gold Coast Turf Club and have become household names. Here is a list of some of the most popular horses that have raced at the Gold Coast Turf Club:
1. Takeover Target: This champion sprinter was trained by Joe Janiak and raced at the Gold Coast Turf Club from 2004 to 2008. Takeover Target won six races at the Gold Coast Turf Club and was the first horse to win the Magic Millions Classic in 2004.
2. Black Caviar: This mare was trained by Peter Moody and raced at the Gold Coast Turf Club from 2009 to 2011. Black Caviar won seven races at the Gold Coast Turf Club, including the Magic Millions Classic in 2010.
3. Buffering: This gelding was trained by Robert Heathcote and raced at the Gold Coast Turf Club from 2008 to 2015. Buffering won four races at the Gold Coast Turf Club, including the Magic Millions Classic in 2011.
4. Redzel: This stallion was trained by Peter and Paul Snowden and raced at the Gold Coast Turf Club from 2014 to 2018. Redzel won three races at the Gold Coast Turf Club, including the Magic Millions Classic in 2017.
5. Winx: This mare was trained by Chris Waller and raced at the Gold Coast Turf Club from 2015 to 2018. Winx won four races at the Gold Coast Turf Club, including the Magic Millions Classic in 2017.
These are just a few of the most popular horses that have raced at the Gold Coast Turf Club. Whether they won or not, these horses have all become part of the fabric of the Gold Coast Turf Club and will be remembered for many years to come.
Bus to Gold Coast Turf Club
Book a Bus with Group Transport Australia for Gold Coast Turf Club
Are you looking for a group transport provider for your corporate events or race days? Look no further than Group Transport Australia! We provide the best price for group bookings to the Gold Coast Turf Club, home of the famous Magic Millions Race Day and Horse Sales.
The Gold Coast Turf Club is the perfect venue for your corporate events and race days. With a choice of seating options, you can host your guests in style and comfort. The Turf Club also boasts a range of hospitality packages, including a Punters Club, which provides a great way for your guests to experience the thrill of the races.
At Group Transport Australia, we understand that organising transport for a large group can be a daunting task. That’s why we make it easy for you to book a bus to the Gold Coast Turf Club. We provide a range of vehicles to suit your needs and budget, from luxury coaches to minibuses. Our experienced drivers will ensure a safe and comfortable journey for your guests.
At Group Transport Australia, we pride ourselves on providing the best price for group bookings. We offer competitive rates and discounts for larger groups, making it more affordable for you to book a bus to the Gold Coast Turf Club.
So, if you’re looking for a reliable and affordable group transport provider for your corporate events or race days, look no further than Group Transport Australia. We provide the best price for group bookings to the Gold Coast Turf Club, home of the famous Magic Millions Race Day and Horse Sales.
Other Gold Coast Transport Services
- Bus Transfers to Go Karting Gold Coast
- Outback Spectacular Bus Transfers
- Gold Coast Turf Club Transport
- Gold Coast Bus Hire
- Bus Transfers
- Party Bus Hire
- Coach Hire and Charter
- Mini Bus Hire Gold Coast
- Private Bus Transfers to Metricon Stadium
- Private Bus Transfers to CBUS Stadium
- Golf Bus Hire
- Byron Bay Bus Tour
- Bus Transport to Top Golf Gold Coast
- Best 5 Gold Coast Bowling Alleys
- Gold Coast Gaming Cafes
- Group Golfing Tours Gold Coast
- Planning a bucks Gold Coast